Electronic Communications Terms of Service
Last modified: April 15, 2022
Communicating Electronically with Google Fiber
We may be required to provide certain disclosures, notices and communications (collectively “Communications”) to you in written form. We will deliver such Communications to you in electronic form. Your agreement to these Terms confirms your ability and consent to receive such Communications electronically.
You consent to receive electronically all Communications that we may provide you in connection with your Google Fiber account and your use of the Services. Communications include:
- agreements and policies related to the Services, including updates to those agreements and policies;
- payment authorizations and transaction receipts or confirmations;
- questionnaires and marketing materials relating to Google Fiber products and services or those of our affiliates;
- account statements and history; and
- all other communications or documents related to or about your account, your purchases, changes to the Services or the rates and fees we charge in connection with the Services, and your use of the Services.
Communications will be considered to be received by you upon delivery in any of the following manners:
- posting them to your online account;
- posting them on or in the Google Fiber Website;
- emailing them to the email address associated with your account;
- communicating them to you via text message;
- communicating them to you via a mobile application; or
- otherwise communicating them to you via the Services.
To access and retain electronic Communications, you will need to maintain or have access to the following computer hardware and software at your own expense:
- a computer or mobile device with Internet or mobile connectivity;
- a current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption (e.g., Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above, Firefox version 2.0 and above, Chrome version 3.0 and above, or Safari 3.0 and above) with cookies enabled;
- software capable of opening PDF documents;
- access to the valid email address you used to create your Google Fiber and Google Payments account registrations; and
- sufficient storage space to save Communications or a printer to print them.
By consenting to these Terms, you confirm that you are able to meet the above requirements, and that you can receive, open, and print or save any Communications for your records. You should maintain copies of electronic Communications by printing paper copies or saving electronic copies, as applicable. Also, you may contact Google Fiber to request another electronic copy of a Communication. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Services if you decline or withdraw consent to receive service-related electronic Communications.
Mobile and Pre-Recorded Communications
On occasion, Google Fiber or its affiliates may provide you with (or cause you to be provided with) service-related notices about your Google Fiber account (or in response to inquiries that you have made to us via mobile phone call or text message) at the phone number(s) that you have provided to us. You may also opt into receiving special offers, promotions, and information about products and services offered by Google Fiber and its affiliates at the phone number(s) that you have provided to us. Your consent to receiving marketing-related calls and SMS text messages is not required in order to purchase or receive any Google Fiber Services. When you opt-in to the SMS messages, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup. Automated calls or SMS text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system and may include the use of prerecorded or artificial voices. Please note that you may be responsible for any charges from your telephone provider for these calls or SMS text messages.
You may opt out of receiving communications via automated phone call or text at any time. The easiest way is by changing your settings in your Fiber account, or by calling our customer service team at 1-866-777-7550 You may also opt-out of text messaging by replying “STOP.” If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to 434237 (“GFIBER”). After you send the message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.